Our readings for Sunday are here.
These are the poems, my notes, and interpretations of Fr Dennis’ homilies from the
- September 22, 2013 5PM
The poems Fr Dennis references in these years are:
- Starfish by Eleanor Lerman
In 2013, we reflected on —
- Jesus approving of a dishonest servant?! What’s he gonna say next?! 🙂
- To be clear, the steward is reducing other people’s debt to his master (not to himself, the steward) in the hope that they will treat him well when he is no longer under the protection of his master.
- The steward makes use of worldly means for worldly ends; he is not expecting a “heavenly” outcome — just a better time here on earth. Jesus reminds us of our call to him, so often God’s crazy path for the Kin-dom, which requires of us different manner and means than the steward witnessed — and not as sequential an outcome! In each moment, we are making this choice.
- Jesus usually explains God’s Love by looking at the world around him.
- Like the Starfish poem does.